Hello all, long time no talk!
There are a few things I definitely want to get back to writing about, but I’m not sure that How I Met Your Mother is one of them. So I’m looking for opinions – is it worth the rewatch?
I haven’t watched a single episode since the finale, unless you count the YouTube video of the alternate ending (which I very much preferred). At first I was just salty about the ending and annoyed by the show, but then I started to wonder if I would ever want to watch it again.
I am, by nature, a rewatcher and a rereader. I’m happy to explore new territory, but I fall in love with characters and don’t want to forget them. I kinda….did want to forget them, though. So, I did what Ted would do, and I listed out the pros and cons!
- Mostly a hilarious and heartfelt show
- I miss hearing many of the quotes and seeing certain scenes
- I can skip the bad episodes/seasons
- Would be interesting to watch it now as my perspective on life has changed
- My uncle is watching it and he’s reminding me of funny stuff I miss
- Used to be a big part of my life and that probably makes it worth revisiting
- Would be nice to pretend we are back in the Obama era – or even Bush era
- I still really dislike the ending, and thus the whole plot structure annoys me
- Netflix doesn’t have the rights to all original music so some of it is different and that always throws me off/disappoints me
- It has not aged well in terms of diversity, body positivity, feminism, etc.
- Have to face that their idea of the future did not include the political and societal shit show we are currently living in
- That last season was really bad, y’all. Like really bad.
- It will probably make me sad
So that’s where I’m at. Readers, it’s been a while, but if you’re out there, weigh in! I’m still debating and deciding for now…