Confession – I didn’t OMG love last week’s episode like many people seemed to. This may or may not be due to my irrational prejudice against Victoria. I really enjoyed this week’s episode, but other reviews online seem less enthused. So perhaps I do not represent the norm of HIMYM viewers. Regardless, here are my thoughts on “The Stinson Missile Crisis”…
This is my fave conversation quote of the whole show:
“The truth is, I thought I’d be married by now, and going through all this stuff alongside you guys. But, even if I meet the girl of my dreams right this second, I’m still one night and nine months from having a family of my own…and that’s assuming the mother of my children is just a huge slut.” – Ted
“Don’t lose hope Ted, that slut is out there!” – Marshall
- Kal Penn as Robin’s therapist – and possible future love interest?
- Poor, poor Patrice, getting blamed for everything
- Robin is really good at encouraging her ex-boyfriend’s current girlfriends to go to Europe
- Barney’s Bimbo Delivery Systems:
-Dr. Barney Stinson of StinsonBreastReduction.com
-PS: loved that the “Google ads” at right on that site were:
Lorenzo von Matterhorn
The exclusive tell-all interview!
Big Bouncy Balloons
The bigger the balloon, the harder they soar.
Meet Local Canadians
Find out what’s really happening up north.
-Arnie Linson, Attorney at Law, of LinsonBreastLawsuit.com
- Ted trying to justify his part in the trio by mentioning Batman & Robin & Alfred, Romeo & Juliet & the apothecary, salt & pepper & cumin (I totally thought he was going to say Salt, Pepa, & Spinderella, which made more sense to me and was also much, much funnier. Just imagine those three as Salt & Pepa!)
- “It’s fascinating how profoundly little…I know about vaginas” – Marshall
- “When we the last time we got rip-roaring drunk in clothing that highlights our genders?” – Robin
- “Mama loves the musky” – Lily
- “Screw it, who says that two bros can’t rock a birthing class?” – Marshall
- So your plan was to be out on the town, dressed provocatively, drinking with another woman’s man? You a dog!” – Robin’s therapist (did he have a name? I don’t think I heard/saw it anywhere)
- “He asked me if I believe in destiny, and I DO.” – Crazy girl that Barney’s phone cold-called
- All of the Halloween costumes! Here’s what I’ve come up with for HIMYM Halloween timelines:
- 1997: Salt & pepper and cumin
- 1998: Lady & the Tramp and their bowl of spaghetti
- 2000: Lewis & Clark and their canoe
- 2001: Sonny & Cher and a hanging chad
- 2002-2004: Ted as hanging chad still?
- 2005: Gay pirate (Captain Jack Sparrow) & his parrot & a hanging chad – Barney as Maverick from Top Gun, a devil, & a penguin. Robin supposed to be Gretel but didn’t dress up.
- 10-30-06: Barney as Borat
- 2006: Dr. Frankenstein & his monster and a scared villager
- 2007: R2D2, C3PO, and the robot Luke’s Uncle almost bought from the Jawas
- 2010: Matador & bull, Robin as nurse (for a commercial, not really for Halloween), Ted as hot dog, Barney as Johnny Lawrence from the Cobra Kai dojo in The Karate Kid, Randy as a lobster
- Still no scenes with Ted and Nora together – are they trying to imply that she’s the mother? She does love yellow, and there’s the yellow umbrella to consider, but I see this as a purposeful attempt to throw us off. Plus Ted seems the type to pick up on an accent as soon as he hears it, so I feel like all of the back story would have a vague British accent if she were the mom.
- Marshall not knowing about a very important area in the ladybits region. This seems inconsistent to me, just because him and Lily like to get kinky and Lily doesn’t seem like she would mess around with a guy who doesn’t know how to please her properly. Although it would explain some of her Robin crush fantasies…