Monday night gave us two brand new episodes of How I Met Your Mother – “The Best Man” and “The Naked Truth”. Both of them were pretty much on par with the past season, bringing lots of laughter and even some tears. Definite spoilers ahead!!!
- Barney & Robin dancing to Deee-Lite! “Groove is in the Heart” came out in 1990, so it probably didn’t get to Canada until like ’98, ’99. Robin’s sweet dance moves were not a surprise, given her impressive moves as seen in the video for Canada’s favorite hit single, “Let’s Go To The Mall”
- Classic Schmosby Remix! Had it stuck in my head all night and I didn’t mind one bit
- Lily yelling “Hakuna Matata!” when she takes her fake shot
- Robin’s truth voice (have we heard before? must investigate…)
- “Robin, get me my legal pad…it’s PROS AND CONS time!” (and kids, they really cheered)
- “I need…a color chart!” High Five! “COLOR CHART, COLOR CHART, COLOR CHART!” (and kids, we really chanted)
- Edward Forty-Hands (40-Hands?) appears to be an awesome game. I also enjoyed the similar version on That 70s Show, where they substituted beer steins for 40s (“See Foreman, now at the bachelor party you can hold a beer, even after you’ve lost the ability to hold a beer, from drinkin’ all the beer!”)
- Drunk Marshall. Jason Segel is so, so good at playing that funny drunk guy that we all love.
- Ted explaining that Barney’s percentages are always the inverse (Barney said 83%, Ted says actually 17%)
- Barney’s alter ego Barnell
- Punchy’s wife is plus size and nobody makes any fat jokes about her
- Barney’s two fat jokes early on:
Barney: Sure, this tie is skinny now, but what if it gets fat and starts bossing me around?!
Barney: Single file ladies – no fatties!
Ted: That’s ridiculous
Barney: You’re right, it’s Cleveland…single file, ladies!
- The return of Victoria…I just can’t get on board with this. I dislike Victoria and I’m really not sure why. Her and Ted have a very romantic back story with unfinished business, so I’m not surprised that she turned up again. Based on prior clues it doesn’t seem possible that she is the mother, so I can tolerate her presence. I can’t quite explain it…she’s an attractive woman, but there’s something about her face that I find aesthetically unappealing. But this should make a good story arc for a while. I tried to see if she was sporting a ring on her left ring finger but wasn’t able to get a glimpse.
- Barney’s fake fingernails. SO GROSS.
- Barney using Robin’s love confession as a script for his call with Nora. Poor Robin, this scene made me cry a little.
- The Ducky Tie (appears to be the topic of next week’s episode)
- Marshall getting drunk in the future – at a casino with Barney? Wearing a shirt that says Marshall hearts Steph forever? I wasn’t able to catch a good look at that scene either, I will clarify and add screenshots after I watch online.