Alright guys, I did it. I’m not sure why I felt it necessary to break down every component of this image, but I did it! There are a few that I just couldn’t figure out, and I really hope my readers can help me discern the final mystery elements. Numbers 8, 10, 13, 16, 21, and 28 are still undefined for now. I also may have made mistakes, so please let me know if you spot any!
Click to see it full size and check out all the details :)
- Barney’s “AWESOMENESS” motivational poster that hangs in his office & is available for sale at CBS.com (first mentioned in S1E17 “Life Among the Gorillas”; first seen in S3E1 “Wait For It”). This poster reads: “AWESOMENESS. When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.”
- Metro News One logo (S1E2 “Purple Giraffe”)
- NYC Skyline (Ted mentions that his dream is to design a building that is added to the NYC skyline – S4E8 “Woooo!”)
- Intervention banner (S4E4 “Intervention”)
- Diseases! board game, created by Lily’s father, Mickey (S5E9 “Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap”)
- HIMYM group suited up for “Nothing Suits Me Like A Suit” (S5E12 “Girls Versus Suits”)
- Puzzles the Bar logo (S7E13 “Tailgate”)
- Something that says Ted – perhaps a piece of wall decor (?)
- Yellow umbrella (S3E12 “No Tomorrow”)
- Something I can’t discern but I think it has writing on it (?)
- The gang at Lily’s bedside after baby Marv was born (S7E23 “The Magician’s Code – Part 2”)
- GNB headquarters that Ted designed (first mentioned in S4E8 “Woooo!”; first seen in S8E11/12 “The Final Page – Part 1 & Part 2”)
- I don’t know
- Robin and Barney dancing at Punchy’s wedding (S7E1 “The Best Man”)
- Wait For It – Barney’s catchphrase and baby Marv’s middle name (S7E23 “The Magician’s Code – Part 1”)
- NO IDEA I AM SO FRUSTRATED BY THIS ONE – it either says OAKNE or more likely BARNEY (?)
- Lusty Leopard neon sign (S1E9 “Belly Full of Turkey”)
- Lily and Marshall on the stairs (S2E7 “Swarley”)
- Portion of the bracket (S3E14 “The Bracket”)
- Canadian Flag (S2E9 “Slap Bet”)
- I don’t know
- Marshall’s Fiero (S2E17 “Arrivederci, Fiero”)
- The Ducky Tie (S7E3 “Ducky Tie”)
- Missy the goat (S3E17 “The Goat”)
- Ted’s New York magazine cover (S7E1 “The Best Man”)
- The phone booth that Ted passively aggressively purchases for the apartment (S1E8 “The Duel”)
- The pineapple
- Something with a white star against a green background – reminds me of a beer label (?)
- Ballot from Ted’s hanging chad Halloween costume (S1E6 “Slutty Pumpkin”)
- The Liberty Bell that Ted and Barney licked (S1E3 “Sweet Taste of Liberty”)
- The robot from various Robin Sparkles videos (S2E9 “Slap Bet”)
- Robin’s Vancouver Canucks jersey (S5E5 “Dual Citizenship”)
- Ted’s rare Bolivian houseplant (S2E16 “Stuff”)
- Marshall’s wedding hat (S2E21 “Something Borrowed”)
- One of the two swords that originally hung in the apartment (S1E8 “The Duel”)
- The blue French horn (S1E1 “Pilot”)
- Ted’s shirt (S1E4 “Return of the Shirt”)
- Robin Sparkles jacket (S2E9 “Slap Bet”)
- The red cowboy boots
- The purple giraffe
- The Bro Code
- The Playbook
15 thoughts on “HIMYM Cast Photo Breakdown – All 8 Seasons”
The bro code COULD be the brown thing on the floor just below Teds awful shirt…?
I was trying to figure that out, too. If it’s on there, that’s where it has to be. I would have liked a better peek at it just to be sure though.
well done Corina! that could not have been easy :O
#14 looked impossible to me.. though i’m proud i thought of the Fierro for #22 before reading this post :)
though i think #13 could just be a new year’s eve pic? like from season 1 ?
at first i thought #21 is a Metropolis poster, but it’s not. and Ted had a different one… i’ll go nuts over this now!
I saw that Metropolis poster and thought the same thing! I was researched set decor and it jumped out at me. I did not see the Fiero at all, good job.
#16 reads Barney to me too, and possibly looks like the sign he holds up at the Superbowl – “Call Barney Stinson.” (Rabbit or Duck S5E15) But my eyes are shot so I could be way off the mark lol.
A while back I figured that must be it, and I was SO DISAPPOINTED when those letters were not from Barney’s Superbowl sign. Maybe they are referencing that scene but not using the exact same sign? I really don’t know and I wish someone would solve the mystery, it is bugging me.
I absolutely love your HIMYM-posts. We have a lot of the same thoughts.
About #10, I was thinking it might be the elephantpainting. At least the colors are right for it, but it is too hard to make it out.
And #13, I am pretty sure is a picture taken on the roof, maybe from The slutty pumpkin episode when they had hung all the lights? Also, seems strange that roof wouldn’t be there..
As for #21 – it annoys me like crazy, and so does #16. I’m pretty sure it said Barney too. At first I thought it was the CBS-sign as well, but then when it didn’t match, I thought it might be from one of his “calculations” on a board – like the “How can I sleep with Robin again” or “The drunk train”. But then the background doesn’t really look like a whiteboard… So annoying!
Anyway, keep up the great work, I look forward to reading your thoughts every week:)
Oh, I forgot to mention something. I also noticed how Barney is holding up the Ducky tie while wearing a different one. This might just be me overthinking (as we know he hates the Ducky tie) but it might be a reference to his wedding and him asking for confirmation that he chose the right tie.
Good call, I hadn’t made that connection. He is in a very similar pose as he was in that flash forward wedding scene. He may just be looking at the tie in disgust, though. :)
I may have found #28 !
It could be Marshall’s t-shirt from the season 3 finale – which also resurfaced during the Letter part 1, with the first jinx flashback –
the green kawasaki racing tee… it looked so familiar!!
though i’m not sure why it’s up on the wall like that…
I’m not sure…#28 looks like it has a perfect star, and Marshall’s shirt has more of an arrow. But it is the closest option I’ve heard of, so you win for now! I’m going to look over the missing elements with a fresh set of eyes and see if anything comes to mind.
I found 16! 16 is Barneys nametag from The Price is right (Showdown)!
Aaaah I think you’re right!!! I just looked at some pictures and it totally fits! Thank you a million times!!!
#14 is barney and Robin playing laser tag