I recently posted about the unused names from the list of possible dwarfs for Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Afterwards, I continued researching, because I really still can’t figure out WTF “Neurtsy” is supposed to mean. I also found some additional unused names that might be better than the first batch! It even includes more rappers! Here’s the updated, complete list, along with some additional details I found on the Disney Wiki page. Names in bold have further descriptions below:
- Biggy-Wiggy (Biggy-Wiggy Wiggy, can’t you see, sometimes your words just hypnotize me…)
- Chesty (I’m not sure where they were going with this one. I’m going to assume it’s maybe a boastful dwarf that sticks his chest out and not a girl dwarf with a nice rack?)
- Deafy (not cool, Disney, not cool)
- Dirty (as in Ol’ Bastard?)
- Gaspy (does he have breathing problems?)
- Gatsby (ah, a bit of culture amidst the less refined dwarfs…I hope he is a mysterious millionaire bathed in green light – or a literature snob. Either is fine by me.)
- Goopy (Gwenyth Paltrow just has to get her GOOP up in everything!)
- Hickey (I’m assuming this doesn’t mean like a makeout hickey but IDK for sure)
- Neurtsy (I need to know what this means!?)
- Puffy (“or Diddy, P. Papa, Papa Diddy Pap? I don’t know what you’re calling yourself these days”)
- Shorty (all I can think of is either swing my way or hey it’s your birthday, gonna party like it’s your birthday)
- Slutty (I’m re-thinking my earlier analysis of “Chesty” now…)
- Sneezy-Wheezy (this is clearly an homage to Lil Wayne when he is feeling under the weather)
- Snoopy (I think they meant to say Snoop D-O-Double-G)
- Snurfles (this is obviously the best dwarf name ever and I do not approve of Snurfles being left out of the mix)
- Swift (hey, how did Taylor get up in here? This ain’t her genre!)
- Wheezy (We can go back to calling him this now that he’s over his cold I guess)
AWFUL: The most loveable and interesting of the dwarf characterisations. He steals and drinks and is very dirty. The other dwarfs have impressed on him that he is a soul beyond redemption. This fact he never questions. He feels powerless against the evil in him and accepts his damnation cheerfully. He is the perpetual fall guy for the others. He is blamed and punished for everything that goes wrong and, even when punished for somebody else’s misdeed, he takes his medicine with a cheerful “I deserve it.” He is very clever, a faithful dog absolutely devoted to the other dwarfs, who seem to him far above him. He speaks in short, jerky sentences, like the Practical Pig, but his voice is a bit more chipper and cheerful. There is always understanding between him and the dwarfs’ animals. Awful is always afflicted with irresistible urges against which he is helpless.
(I’m going to assume that those last two sentences are completely unconnected, because otherwise they were thinking of taking that movie to a bad, bad place. It also raises some disturbing questions about Snow White’s connection to the animals…)
BALDY: Bashful. Floppy ears. Giggles. Twists buttons. Gets red in the face.
(I guess Baldy became Bashful?)
DEAFY: Deafy is a happy sort of fellow – he always tries to make clever remarks, but he misinterprets other people’s attitudes toward him. He feels, lots of times, that they are saying something about him, or that they have made some remarks, which they haven’t at all – he takes exception to the most ridiculous things. Throughout the picture Deafy and Grumpy are always clashing. Deafy will pick up one word of the conversation in the early part, and whereas the conversation topic might have changed completely, he still sticks to the first thing that he heard, and in this way we hope to get some comical situations out of Deafy.
(Poor Deafy :( poor, poor Deafy/Deefy)
JUMPY: Excitable. Goosey type. Talks fast. Mixes his words, as “See’s aleep in my sled.” He is in constant twitchy fear of being goosed, but is not goosed until the last scene. Whenever he hears a noise behind him, he starts, and his hand automatically protects his fanny. He is also exceedingly ticklish. He is always helping Sleepy finish his sentences or explaining to Snow White just what Sleepy is trying to say. Type of dialog:
Sleepy: As a rolling stone gathers no… (Falls asleep)
Jumpy: (Laugh) Slood old geepy. He means a stolling rone mathers no goss – a goling mone stathers no ross – a molling gone rathers no – oh, dab!
Sleepy: (To Snow White) Now you know.
(I’m unclear as to why/how getting goosed was such a problem among the dwarfs that one might be specifically paranoid to this degree?)
WHEEZY: Stubby. Always behind or last in processions. Fatter and shorter than the rest.
(This is the opposite of Lil Wayne and therefore I find it be all wrong)
Lord help you if you’re a dwarf with self esteem issues, because your entire being is basically labeled as your worst fault forever. Thinning hair? Ha ha ha Baldy! Need to lose a few pounds? Join Flabby and Tubby over in the fat shaming corner. Hungry, Burpy, and Lazy will be along soon enough. Can’t hear? Too bad, we’re going to call you Deafy and LOL at how you don’t understand what we’re saying. Which is not to say that personality flaws aren’t included…just ask Sappy, or Woeful, or Crabby, or Cranky.
That just leaves the ones that seem a little bit…wrong. I envision them as badass girl dwarfs that don’t give a crap about Snow White beyond being pissed that she’s stealing attention from their men.
Chesty, Dirty, Hickey, Hotsy, Slutty and Strutty will all be partying with me while the vetted dwarfs are off mining. :)
Also, I still don’t know WTF Neurtsy means. I’m assuming neurotic?