Here’s a nice, fairly straightforward section of the family tree for The Black Dagger Brotherhood book series by J.R. Ward. It was a relief after the complexity of Robert Bluff and all his begotten!
This one includes the bloodlines and known relatives/descendants of:
Rhage, Mary, Bitty, Ruhn, Saxton
Click up there to see it real big ^^^
- Rhage’s bloodline ribbon colors are black, silver, and blue. I went with blue for him, to avoid confusion with the other black line (via Darius) and the dark gray lines I use for any unknown bloodline color.
- As noted in the chart, I’m not sure if Jackal is Rhage’s half brother on his mahmen or his father’s side. Generally speaking, the Brothers get around more than the Chosen, so I’m guessing that’s how Jackal came to be. But it is entirely possible that Rhage’s mahmen fell in love with someone else that he never knew about.
- There’s a good chance that Saxton shares the same turquoise color bloodline as his cousins Qhuinn and Lash. But I wasn’t sure how their parents are connected, so I didn’t use it here.
- I feel like Minnie is basically a part of Saxton and Ruhn’s family, but I opted to include her with the chart for the Trainee Class instead.
More general notes can be found in the main article with links to all family trees: “BDB Black Dagger Brotherhood Family Trees – Updated!”
Here’s a master list of all the family trees, to be filled in with links as I get them published:
- Wrath, Beth, Darius, John Matthew, Xhex, Tohr, Wellsie, Autumn
- Phury, Zsadist, Bella, Rehvenge, Ehlena, Cormia
- Vishous, Jane, Payne, The Scribe Virgin, Lassiter, The Omega, Devina
- Butch, Marissa, Manny, Jo Early
- Rhage, Mary, Ruhn, Saxton
- Qhuinn, Blaylock, Laila, Xcor
- Murhder, Sarah, Nate
- Assail, Sola
- The Chosen
- The Trainee Class
- The Shadows and Selena
- Official BDB Brothers
- The Glymera
- The e-book characters (Dearest Ivie, Prisoner of Night, and The Story of Son)
The images below are all affiliate links; I may receive a small commission from any purchases made but this did not influence any of my reviews or content.